Welcome to Montgomery County ESD # 4
ESD and Fire Department Administration Offices Are Now Located Behind Station 61 Off of Firehouse Rd.
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AND THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER
According to the US Fire Administration, over half of home grill fires start on patios, terraces, screened-in and unenclosed porches, balconies, and courtyards. These home grill fires cause an estimated $37 million in property loss each year.
Also, according to the US Fire Protection Agencies, July (17%) was the peak month for grill fires, followed by June (14%), May (13%) and August (12%) and in roughly one-quarter of grill fires, the grill had not been cleaned.
The most important things you can do to prevent grill fires are to:
- Never grill on the second floor or higher and never grill on an enclosed porch or patio.
- Only use grills outdoors, away from siding and deck railings.
- Clean grills often and remove grease or fat build-up.
- Make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting.
- Have a 3-foot safe-zone around grills and keep kids and pets away from the area.
- Dispose of coals after they have cooled in a metal can.
- Never leave grills, fire pits and patio torches unattended.
Montgomery County is now offering some new technology that allows dispatchers to share important information about you or your family only at the time of an emergency. We would like you to please click on the hyper link and check it out for yourself